As the return to the school year quickly approaches, it’s a good time to think about back-to-school automotive maintenance. Not only do we not want to see you sitting on the side of the road with a car full of kiddos who are now late for school, but we also want you to be able to keep everyone safe around you. Let’s take a look at what are some great back-to-school auto maintenance items.
- Brakes: you want to make sure your brakes can stop on a dime. Look out for brakes that are squishy, squeal, or are difficult to push to the floorboard. If there are any indications your brakes aren’t working at their very best, this is the time to have them checked out by professionals.
- Tires: look for tread depth, general wear and tear all around, and tire pressure. When any of these are off, it can affect your drivability as well as your ability to stop as quickly as necessary. When your tires are at their optimum, they can also help you get the most out of your gas mileage. Healthy tires are a definite must when driving your kiddos to and from school. Bad tires is a huge safety issue and should be addressed as soon as there is a concern.
- Windshield wipers: it’s easy to let this one go, but as our children head back to school, we want to make sure that they are visible! We often take for granted being able to see out of our windshield, but if our wipers are old or damaged, our vision is compromised. Make sure that as we head back to the season of children walking to and from school that we can clearly see them!
- Battery: have it tested for strength and clean off any corrosion around the connectors. Don’t find out that your battery was running low when you’re sitting in your driveway late for school.
- Check all of your fluids, belts, and hoses. Any one of these can be the cause of your vehicle breaking down on the way to or from school, work, or any other driving excursion. You can quickly assess some of these simply by looking under the hood and by reading your owner’s manual.
Complete Automotive in Springfield is at the ready to help you, your kiddos, and all the children walking to and from school every day stay safe. We are here for you and will always put you and the safety of you, your passengers, and those around you on the streets of Springfield first and foremost. Now is a great time to schedule your back to school preventive maintenance Make your appointment today! See you soon!