With Thanksgiving on the way, it’s a good time to talk about the importance of gratitude, and including our cars in that. Thanksgiving grew out of the moment 400 years ago when the pilgrims on the Mayflower saw the Cape Cod shore after 65 days of rough sea and damage to their ship. One of the pilgrims led the others in the reading of Psalm 100, and that’s why we have Thanksgiving: the grateful travelers were finally on solid ground again.
Practicing gratitude is important in all our relationships. To have respect and show appreciation is an important lesson to teach our kids, of course, but it’s just as important that husbands, wives, and partners remember their grace and not take each other for granted. The things we do for each other to improve our lives and to grow our fortunes should not be overlooked.
As we take a day to thank each other, don’t forget that there’s a family member stuck in your garage who could use some attention for the dependability it gives you. Your car is your trusted companion as you make your way through morning traffic and in crisis moments. You don’t have to give it a seat at the table… but consider doing more things to show your car you appreciate it and want to keep it for as long as possible.
- Clean your glass. Clean all the headlights, the windows, the mirrors. Having good optics helps you see danger on the road ahead. Don’t discount what this can mean to you and your family’s safety.
- Bundle your trips into one big one. The more times you get up and drive your car, the more your car is pushed. It also can put fatigue on you as a driver. One good practice is to have a list of errands that you can add to as you remember them, and then see the list done at once, optimizing your route for efficiency.
- Keep it beautiful. Your car may get dinged on the road or in parking lots and scratched, and need a little body work to look like new again. Dirt outside your car can choke up your car’s systems, and dirt inside your car can choke up YOUR systems. Take some time to clean out and wipe down your car periodically. Wash and wax it. Remember that you enjoy driving a cleaner, more attractive car, and you will be more on top of protecting it if it is in a pristine condition.
- Keep calm and let it go. Anger can tie you in knots. Every day, if you are a good driver, someone will take advantage of your good driving skills and implement bad ones-- cutting you off, forcing you to brake hard, refusing to let you pass and move on. Don’t make your car a place of anger by swearing and shouting. Have patience with others and remember that people doing wrong around you is a sign of YOU doing it right. It’s better for you and your car.
- Get our Lifetime Protect Plan. Grit from the road can clog systems and over time, that can cause those systems to shut down and age prematurely. Preventative maintenance can do wonders to extend the life of your car. Our Lifetime Protect Plan, using BG products and equipment to clean out your car’s systems, is helpful in our goal to get your vehicle to 300,000 miles and beyond. Let us show you how to get 300,000 miles or more out of your vehicle with proper maintenance.
If you’re ready to get started on a Lifetime Protect Plan, click on this embedded link, or call Complete Automotive at (417) 319-2434 for a more detailed explanation of how the Lifetime Protect Plan works. Let us show you how to get 300,000 miles or more out of your vehicle with proper maintenance! We’re located at 2238 E. Chestnut Expy, Springfield, MO, 65802; our hours are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. Timely Professional Affordable Auto Service? We Can Help With That!